Cincinnati Day 4

 Wednesday, June 29, 2011


Day four was AMAZING!!
On the Menu: Mediterranean Falafel
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Mint-Cucumber Yogurt
Grilled Italian Chicken
Grilled Beet Chips

Starting with our Falafel, we toasted the spice blend, added it to our Garbanzo Beans, Onion, Garlic, Cilantro, and blended them in a food processor.
When it was the right consistency, we scooped it onto cookie sheets, and put the pans in the freezer. Once the mixture was firm, we breaded, and fried the falafel. Suprisingly yummy!!

Second, we learned how to roast a Red Pepper, shockingly easy!!
After I skinned it, and removed the seeds, I added it to the food processor, along with; Garbanzo Beans, Lemon Juice, Thini Paste, EVOO, Salt, and White Pepper. SO GOOD!!!

Third we made our Mint-Cucumber Yogurt. Very simple, it's just Plain Yogurt, Cucumber, Mint, Honey, Lemon Juice, Salt, and White Pepper. This is one of my favorite foods =)

Fourth, we marinated our Chicken.
My team decided to make an Italian Chicken. It had Oregano, Basil, Garlic, EVOO, S&P, Balsalmic Vinegar, and of course Chicken. We grilled this after it had marinated about a half hour. Delicious!!

Fith, we made Beet Chips. I cut the beets into wedges, marinated them in EVOO, Cilantro, Garlic amd S&P. Once they were marinated, I put them on the grill, where they promptly turned completely black. I was VERY relieved to find out that it was just the sugars in the Beets caramelizing, needless to say I was quite relieved.... I really didn't expect to like them, but I did!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP