Cincinnati Day 2

 Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yesterday morning, I was up & ready to drive too class with time to spare. A missed turn, two construction sites later, and I made it just on time.

After we arrived in class, we saw our menu board, on it:

On the menu today: Pear Wontons
Pineapple-Mango Granita
Coconut-Ginger Ice Cream
And Tuilles with Raspberry, Orange, and Pear flavored Canalonian Cream


First, we made our Wonton Filling. It had Japanese Pears, Coconut Milk, and Macadamia Nuts.
I didn't think I'd like them, but I might have a new favorite food!!

Second, we made our Pineapple-Mango Granita. It's ingredients were, Pineapple Juice, Mango Puree, and Simple Syrup. So delicious!

Third, we made Coconut-Ginger Ice Cream. Not my favorite thing to do. Well, actually making the ice cream was fun, but when we tasted it we thought we did something very wrong! As it turns out, we had old, woody, ginger. Apparently it makes all the difference, because old woody, ginger, tastes old and woody. : / Not delicious.

Fourth, we made Tuilles with Raspberry, Orange, and Pear Cannalonian Creme. I love Tuilles :)
The Tuille batter was a very basic, cookie dough.
I got to make my team's Cannalonian Cream, I used Ricotta, Heavy Cream, Raspberry Jam, Pear Extract, Vanilla Extract, and Orange Zest. So Yummy!

My Tuille Plate :-)

I had such a great time and I'll post more pictures later!!


1 comments:

D,  June 24, 2011 at 8:38 AM  

Sounds like fun, and it is a beautiful picture.

OK, are you going to make any "guy" food? ;-)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP